Ok, SO I am REALLY REALLY bad about blogging! It's been way too long.....so here is a quick update. Maybe I will be better about getting on here every now and then and not every year or longer!
Aiden is getting ready to start the 8th grade. He completed his seventh grade year with a 4.0 the entire year. He also was placed (after mommy pushed for it) in the 8th grade math class last year and now next year (in August) will attend the high school one period a day for math. Its bitter sweet. I am proud of him and all he has accomplished, but he is still so young and will be attending high school with 18 year olds and he is still only 12!
Ari is growing up very fast. She played fall soccer on a girls team and her team won the league. They went on to win Commissioners Cup with her scoring the most goals in all the tournament! In spring, she played on a co-ed team, but was the only girl on "co-ed" in the league and her and Aiden were on the same team together. So basically, she was a girl on the boys team! Lol! She will be back with the girls in fall. She is really progressing beautifully in the violin and come fall, is going to start on both the violin and the flute. In August she starts the sixth grade. Only one more year til she goes to the Jr. High
Noah is our little nutball! He is continuing to progress in his music and soccer. He now plays the drums, xylophone, bells, and all the auxiliary percussion instruments. This past January, he was the only 4th grader to be chosen to be in the San Bernardino County Honor Band. And he was so little, all the other kids (all sixth graders) were sitting and he was standing behind them and you still couldn't see him! He also is a soccer star. He made the All-Star soccer team this past fall and loved it. He was the only 9 year old on the team with a bunch of 10 year olds who now moved up. He is a pro at heading the ball and can really control where he places it, which is outstanding for a kid his age.
Jinelle is still our little monkey. She still cannot sit still and is constantly go go going. She loves to sing and dance and spin and jump and play. She also is really progressing in soccer and will be playing up a division this fall. She is going into the 3rd grade and is very excited to be starting band. She still hasn't decided on either the flute or violin, but knows she wants to play an instrument. She is very excited to be 8 years old soon.
Jason and I are both doing well. I fill my time with babysitting my baby niece Giselle (Desi and Manny's baby) and I started cake decorating classes. I took course 1, 2, and 3 and will take my 4th and final course after the summer. It has been a lot of fun. It is nice to be able to get out once a week and do something just for me. Jason is working and coaching the kids in soccer. He is also Scout Master for Aiden's scout troop. He only has a few days left to work and then he is off for almost an entire month for vacation. We are looking forward to spending some good, quality, fun family time together. We have some really fun adventured planned, but I will leave those for the next post (I am being optimistic that I will get back on and post!)
Ok, so that wasn't exactly a quick update, but it was an update. :)
1 comment:
I was so happy to read this and actually feel like I was in the loop! It was awesome catching up with you last night, can't wait to see you guys soon :-)
Post a Comment